2.27.2011

Dear Australia...

Dear Australia, 

I've never met someone who has spent time with you and doesn't love you.  You're big, you're warm and you only have 20 million people or so... and they have funny accents that make me laugh.  And kangaroos hop around everywhere.  Still never managed to get the one picture I wanted... me boxing one with big red gloves on.  Maybe next time.... if your peeps will let me back in, I seemed to have overstayed my welcome by a bit. Doooh!
12 Apostles, South Coast
I've still got a lot of exploring to do with you but managed to make it to your West and South coasts this time around.  I made a conscious effort NOT get myself stuck in Byron Bay this time and got to see some other shweeeet places.  After leaving the crew in Sydney and watching NYE fireworks on the harbor, I hung with the Newports in Melbourne.  Great city.  Fun and lots going on but a bit far from the waves.  And the weather needs to make up it's mind.
West Oz
Then I decided to head out to the wild wet to meet up with my long lost Kiwi friend Nic in Margaret River, hadn't seen her in over 10 years... crazy.  The West is pretty laid back, has beautiful beaches and the waves fucking pump!  I'm surprised more people don't live there. Plus it's a real short hop to Indo.  I had a blast.  Can't wait to get back there.
Echidna
Your people remind me of the Kiwi's.  They seem really united and they have pride in that.  For example, during your big floods in Queensland, when downtown Brisbane was under water, there was nobody stealing anything.  It was weird.  Look at New Orleans during the same situation.  Looting left and right.  Fights.  Stupid gang shit.  Rapes in the shelters.  Disgusting and shameful stuff.  I cant even imagine what would happen if LA flooded... it would be full on anarchy.
Watching your politicians on the news was a breath of fresh air.  They actually sound like they have brains, they don't skirt questions, they're accessible.  You almost want to believe what they say... it's great! 

I love: Meat Pies, Eating your Kangaroos, the fact that the West coast blows offshore most of the year, listening to Aussie girls talk. Bare-Boobied beaches.

I don't love: All the fucking shark attacks, deadly spiders, deadly snakes and the most persistant annoying flies on the planet. The outrageous price of alcohol.

Until we meet again... mate!

Cheers, 
Me
 
Margs
Curl Curl

Margs Pumping!
 
Curiosity of Cyclone Bianca
 
Ready to hunt fishies

Dinner
Nic... about to make me late for my bus!

Not a bad place to climb around.  James with his life in my hands.

Swedish Meatball Eyeball
Swedes+Beer+Plastic cow=This
The one that make have killed Mr. Irwin... not sure.
Gnarabup Sunset